Mobile Menu Glitch

• Global Moderator

You may have noticed a glitch in the menu on mobile devices. I'm still working on that. Hopefully, I'll fix it within the week.

• Global Moderator

I'm out of town until Sunday, but any chance I get I'll try to fix this one. It's really annoying.

• Global Moderator

Should be fixed. Please test and respond.

• @administrator
    Yes it is!
    Many thanks, Sir.
    😃
    Just made a quick glance on my iPhone.
    If there remains any problem, I'll let you know, of course.
    Thanks again, for this and for your awesome work!

• It seems to be working now! I'm posting from my phone and using the voice prompt but see if it really does translate everything into English! Well, that was pretty close except I didn't say but I said let's but that's not on you that's my crappy phone!

• @administrator, it still doesn't work on my Blackberry Q10. I've downloaded an alternative browser, with the same results. That having been said, I'll bet I'm the only member that is willing to admit to using a Blackberry ☠ so I'd suggest you not lose any sleep over it. Since you asked for a screen shot last time, I built an image with more detailed observations.
    TBoards.jpg

• @Shifty said in Mobile Menu Glitch:

@administrator, it still doesn't work on my Blackberry Q10. I've downloaded an alternative browser, with the same results. That having been said, I'll bet I'm the only member that is willing to admit to using a Blackberry ☠ so I'd suggest you not lose any sleep over it. Since you asked for a screen shot last time, I built an image with more detailed observations.
    TBoards.jpg
    WOW! I didn't know Blackberry was supported anymore.

• @Tobylou8 said in Mobile Menu Glitch:

WOW! I didn't know Blackberry was supported anymore.

Well, maybe in this case it isn't ☹ I don't want our @admin to bust his buns just to make it work for me.

I do catch a lot of grief from others about using a BB (maybe I should have reposted your "they all laugh at me because I'm different" cartoon in this thread). But the BB is compact, sturdy, secure, and has a physical keyboard. I also drive a 17 year-old Ford Ranger. Perhaps I'm just peculiar 🤔

• I use desktops almost exclusively, and drive a 50 year old Ranger, so you are not alone;) Just never saw the use in a small screen when you can take a $100 32" flat screen hooked up to an old $100 dell, and put them everywhere i am;)

I don't get out much, but have an old i-pad 2 i bought for......yep, $100;)

• Picked up a $200 50" flat screen over Christmas, but haven't hooked it up yet;)

• Global Moderator

Sorry about that Blackberry not displaying it correctly. At this time there isn't anyway I can fix it for that device since it really just isn't supported. I know it sucks but that is modern web development.

• @administrator said in Mobile Menu Glitch:

Sorry about that Blackberry not displaying it correctly. At this time there isn't anyway I can fix it for that device since it really just isn't supported. I know it sucks but that is modern web development.

Acknowledged and understood. I'd guess the site automatically detects the BB as a mobile device. Is there any way to get the "big boy" version to come up on a self-identified mobile device? At least that way I could be able to review the new posts...

• @N1684T said in Mobile Menu Glitch:

I use desktops almost exclusively, and drive a 50 year old Ranger, so you are not alone;)

Comforting to know that my Ranger is just barely broken in. With luck, it'll outlast me.

• @Shifty My 2 work trucks are 91 and 93 Dodge Cummins! One only has 150,000!!!

• Global Moderator

Your browser should have an option for desktop site.

• @administrator said in Mobile Menu Glitch:

The default BB browser does have such an option. I enabled it, but still only got our mobile site. Using a different browser allowed me the option to request a desktop site from the context menu. I tried that while on the mobile site but, after a couple of seconds I was back to the mobile site.

• @Shifty said in Mobile Menu Glitch:

@administrator said in Mobile Menu Glitch:

The default BB browser does have such an option. I enabled it, but still only got our mobile site. Using a different browser allowed me the option to request a desktop site from the context menu. I tried that while on the mobile site but, after a couple of seconds I was back to the mobile site.

Good morning @administrator. I've changed the shortcut on one of my browsers to www.trumpetboards.com/unread. That allows me to see and review just what's new. That's pretty much all I'd usually do on the BB anyway. So I'm content.

Thanks again for creating this terrific new home for all of us.